Head Fryer required for Beshoff Bros stores in Dublin.
Please click on the “+” symbol to reveal information about this job.
At Beshoff Bros we are proud to provide our customers with fish from the cold clean waters of the North Atlantic caught under ’European Fishing Policies’ which replenish stocks and guarantee sustainability and traceability. Our fresh potato ‘Real Chips’ are grown by environmentally friendly farmers using first-class agricultural practices and are hand cut daily in our stores. We only use the highest quality vegetable oil and a special Beshoff’s super thin batter to ensure that our customers only receive the tastiest and healthiest fish and chips.
We have teamed up with Healthpro and we are the first fish and chips chain to have added calorie data on our menu boards allowing our customers to make an informed decision when ordering from us. Our menus have been developed to provide naturally nutritious food, as well as, lower calorie options at unbeatable prices. Beshoff Bros provides the coeliac community with Gluten and Wheat Free fish and chips on weekends using strict guidelines to ensure the highest quality products.
Our commitment to quality is driven by our belief that our customers only deserves the highest quality fresh fish and chip, and we pride ourselves in providing a menu prepared from only the highest quality products available. Combine our quality ingredients and our commitment and the result is fish and chips excellence.
As an expanding company Beshoff Bros is looking for Head Fryers to join our team. We are looking for ambitious, driven and motivated individuals. The successful candidates will be confident, assertive and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
As a Head Fryer your focus will be on providing our customers with high quality service and products. As Head Fryer you will be responsible for the operation, development and training requirements of our Kitchen Team and ensuring that the highest standards in quality and service are maintained at all times.
To ensure that strict hygiene controls are kept in all stores and to audit all HACCP records to ensure that all sores are compliant and to undertake any specific function of management as delegated by the senior management.
- At least 2 year’s management experience in the Take Away/Restaurant industry.
- You will be highly motivated and driven and a natural leader.
- You’ll be looking to drive sales and use your personality to network with local businesses and to make our customers feel valued.
- Ensure that food is prepared in accordance with company standards, taking into account advance menu planning and staffing level.
- To ensure that maximum effort is given to achieve an efficient service whilst maintaining the highest possible standards.
- Work to the budget as set by management and to manage portion control, wastage, and food cost etc.
- Full induction and training of any new kitchen staff.
- Regular reviews with the store manager ensuring that all operational standards are met and maintained.
- Responsible for the management of all food production including menus, HAACP, company policies and EHO expectations.
- Responsible for all food deliveries for quality, quantity and maintain liaison with the purchasing manager.
- Awareness of opportunities to improve profitability and productivity in stores
- Creativity and imagination in terms of menu development.
- Commitment to company development plan by way of adhering to company and legal standards and also by way of training.
- Ability to be flexible and motivate other staff.
- Strong IT skills.
- Experience working as a Fryer in a Fish and Chips Outlet, and a track record within a kitchen environment managing teams.
- Excellent knowledge of and commitment to food hygiene best practices including HACCP.
- Passionate about food and have the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Possess excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong stock management knowledge.
- A ‘no compromise’ attitude with regard to quality standards.
- Commited to self-development and that of other team members.
- Organised and Efficient.
- Strong Leader, Peoples Person and Trustworthy.
Please note only applicants with experience in the Fish & Chips industry will be considered for this position.
This position requires applicants to be fully flexible as it will be shift based. Previous experience in a similar role is an advantage. Please note applicants must have a good command of written and spoken English.
Please Note: As the company has stores in Howth, Clontarf & Mespil Road, Dublin 4 applicants must have own transport as transport is not provided. To apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in the Republic of Ireland